Numerical Method Incorporation Limited is a mathematics and technology company that
- invents a modern computing technology to do numerical analysis;
- creates a toolbox of quantitative finance algorithms to build trading bots;
- advises on wealth management;
- provides consulting service to solve engineering and business problems;
- commercializes and sells research results to corporations.
Our customers include
- brokerage houses and funds all over the world
- multinational corporations
- very high net worth individuals
- gambling groups
- academic institutions
Dr. Haksun Li is a computer scientist by training and has a strong background in mathematics (B.S., M.S. in Mathematics from the University of Chicago, M.S., PhD. in Computer Science & Engineering from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor). During his career as a quantitative trader/analyst in investment banks, he came across with a lot of mathematics software. The frustration was that the libraries/tools are written in ancient and arcane languages. Building a homogeneous system from these hybrid libraries to do, e.g., algorithmic trading, is challenging. Moreover, understanding the source code is often very difficult let alone modifying it. Finally, one day, reading the FORTRAN/C version of ALGORITHM AS 288 has convinced Haksun that the world will benefit from having one common, standard and supported mathematics library in modern languages, hence the birth of Numerical Method Inc.
In 2010, Dr. Haksun Li, together with Dr. Kevin Sun, founded Numerical Method Inc. Haksun named the software SuanShu after one of the earliest known Chinese mathematical treatises, 算数书. The company is now a diversified team that consists of computer scientists, statisticians, applied mathematicians, etc. Many of our team members hold doctorate degrees and professorship from renowned universities.